Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Links

BBC NEWS | Magazine | Clicking with comedy

Web satire sites.

And before I forget it, this is the train crash sketch from That Mitchell And Webb Sound :

Radio Presenter: Those are are the headlines at 5.09. And for an immediate reaction to today's events I think we can speak to Tom Hilton. Hello, Tom.

Tom: Er, hello?

Radio Presenter: Chris Powell here from Radio 4, thanks for speaking to us. Can I ask what your response is to today's announcement that Rail North East will not be funding the laser-assisted train early warning system?

Tom: Erm, well yeah. I personally think it's a shame.

Radio Presenter: So, it's shame on the management? Shame on the Government?

Tom: Well, I suppose, but look, can I just say I'm really not the best person to talk to about this, I mean it's weird you even had to call me. You see, by a spooky coincidence, I actually lost my wife in a train crash.

Radio Presenter: yes, we know.

Tom: One exactly this kind of system could have prevented.

Radio Presenter: That's why we're in touch with you, Tom.

Tom: Oh. Oh, right. Blimey. That does seem a bit, almost, ghoulish.

Radio Presenter: Well, no. It's because you've got personal experience of a rail tragedy that your views are so important.

Tom: Really? I would have thought that it was because I've got personal experience of a rail tragedy that my views should be dismissed out of hand.

Radio Presenter: No. No, look. Would you say, that to you, safety is by far the most important issue facing the rail network?

Tom: Well, of course I would. My wife just died in a train crash.

Radio Presenter: Thank you.

Tom: But you really should talk to someone else. It's impossible for me to have any objectivity at all.

Radio Presenter: Right, but if spending the three billion on system could bring back your wife that would be worth it?

Tom: Well, obviously. Although I must stress I lack any objectivity.

Radio Presenter: Nevertheless, what would you say to the minister? What would your message be to him?

Tom: My message would be, "Minister, good luck in judging how to allocate your finite resources given the many competing demands you face."


As found here! (Well here actually but it's out of date)

No comments: