Saturday, October 25, 2008

Well stoke my lucky conkers

I have to say that's the first time I've ever used that phrase. On the 81 going to the match today I found a couple of conkers I'd picked up weeks ago intending to throw them onto a field somewhere.

They were in my pocket all day today and after two marvelous performances by my teams they are now officially my lucky conkers.

Everton played Man Utd + Alan Wiley today...it really was appalling the difference in the decisions meated out to the two team. Nearly identical incidents warranting completely different outcomes depending on the colour of the shirt. Utterly pathetic.

Everton rallied from a goal down to win a point...it was a superb performance. They got amongst them and took the game by the scruff of the neck. Superb stuff.

From there was hot footed it to Blundelsands for Waterloo V Cambridge. On the way Me, Anne and Paul Cunningham joked about how many points 'loo would be down by the time we arrived. The general consensus was 12, turns out it was 10. From there Waterloo played brilliantly to boss the game and run out 18 - 13 winners against a tem 2nd in the league. It was just such great moments when those final whistles went.

Gotta love it.

No comments: