Saturday, October 18, 2008

Punch drunk boxer 0 - 2 St Sebastian

Arsenal 3-1 Everton Waterloo 5 - 46 Cinderford

Seriously, getting propery fucked off with all this sporting getting-shat-upon-ness. I know in the grand scheme of things it means absolutely nothing...there are people in the world starving/getting opressed/dying/getting shot/listening to Sarah Palin....but in terms of my Saturday afternoons I am getting pissed off with watching Everton fucking up then getting home and finding out Waterloo have been battered OR watching Waterloo get kicked round the park whilst Everton piss it all away. I didn't sign up for this....well actually I did....but it's all getting bit monotonous.

I have been pouting all afternoon...and at the same time I am really looking forward to next Saturday and attempthing to get from Everton's 12:45 kick-off against United to Waterloo's 2:30pm kick off against Cambridge. hence the punch drunk boxer reference. I do think St Sebastian, patron Saint of athletes, should stop being so mean to me.

I'm not going to comment on the two games because A: Waterloo players aren't professional, they are the players we've got and we just have to trust they are doing their best and B: I am too pouty a fan to watch Match of the Day when Everton lose.

There you have it....not the best basis to write a sports blog.

In my misery I turned to 90s indie music for solace. Star by Belly and Acetone / Montrose Gimps it up for Charity by Kenickie just about saw me through

No comments: