Thursday, February 14, 2008

Yak apologises

To be honest his performance last night was apology enough.

EVERTONFC.COM: | YAK'S APOLOGY

"Yakubu has apologised to his 'Everton family' for his late return from African Cup of Nations duty.

The Nigerian international was speaking after returning to the Blues' starting line-up for Wednesday night's 2-0 victory over SK Brann in the Uefa Cup.
It was the player's first taste of action for The Toffees following his punishment for returning to Everton three days later than expected after Nigeria's exit from the African Cup of Nations.

He produced a typically robust and full-blooded performance alongside Andrew Johnson in tough conditions in Bergen.

Afterwards he admitted he owed everyone associated with the Club an apology.
He told evertonTV: 'I feel like a part of a family here with everyone working together. We want to win something and achieve something together. I am so pleased to be playing again and it is thanks to the players and the manager.

'I came back late and I have apologised to everyone for that, the supporters too. It happened for personal reasons but I promise it won't happen again. I am so pleased to be back again now and playing again.

'The gaffer was very angry,' he continued, 'I have spoken to the manager and now it is over. I think the players were glad to see me back. It is good to be in a team where you know the players want you.'"

No comments: